Seedlab Australia is a new and unique National business support incubator program for Aussie FMCG businesses, fully supported by Woolworths. We’re here to support Australian startup and SME FMCG (Fast Moving Consumer Goods) businesses to prepare to pitch and supply their products at local, State and National levels.
For businesses with an eligible* prototype or product, who are ready to grow and scale, Seedlab provides:
- A trusted, proven program of training and support
- Access to expert advice
- Resources to fill knowledge gaps
- Insights into requirements to supply National retailers
- Opportunities and support to pitch to National retailers
- Support to scale and grow your business for broader supply
Step 1: Apply to Seedlab
Apply for Seedlab by completing an online application form (which takes about 20 minutes to complete and is completely confidential). We will assess your application against our eligibility criteria*, and also consider your stage of development. You need to have potential to be retailer ready, or already be retailer ready, and not already supplying a National retailer.
- Round #1 Closed on September 10th, 2021
- Round #2 Closes on January 17th, 2022
- Round #3 Closes in May 2022
- Round #4 Closes in September 2022
- 2023 dates will be available later.
Step 2: Bootcamp
Your Seedlab journey commences with Bootcamp, which comprises around 20 hours of on-demand and live content delivered over 3 weeks. At Bootcamp you will:
- Gain clarity on making your product and proposition as retailer ready as possible.
- Improve your proposition and how you communicate it with retailers.
- Develop business skills to grow your business.
- Determine whether you and your product are ready for the Seedlab Australia Cultivate Accelerator Program. Your suitability for this program may be informed by your engagement throughout the Bootcamp process.
Step 3: Cultivate, our Accelerator Program
Selected businesses that have completed Bootcamp, and with a unique, scalable FMCG proposition and the resources to develop that proposition to supply Nationally (potentially) may be invited to participate in Cultivate which provides:
- Business support and training provided by the Seedlab team, and our pool of trusted global experts and local legends.
- A program covering a broad range of topics: both business skills and specific topics relevant to the businesses involved.
- Insights and information from Woolworths on how to pitch and supply.
- A structured part-time program, undertaken over 4 months.
- On-demand, online learning – at your own pace.
- One-on-one coaching/mentoring to help you develop your business and your proposition to being “retail ready”.
- A series of regular Masterclasses and Workshops on a wide range of topics, made available to all businesses with eligible products, that have applied to Seedlab.
- Opportunities to pitch to Woolworths, if ready.
Time commitments depend on you – there are approximately 2 hours per fortnight of live online content we request you attend. The rest of the program is provided via an on-demand basis: you access what you need, when you need it.
Cultivate may be reduced or tailor-made for individual businesses depending on their stage of development. Or you may find Step 4: Propagate more suitable to your needs.
Step 4: Propagate
For businesses that are larger, and simply require assistance with specific issues to ensure they are retailer ready and supported to pitch and supply to a National retailer, bespoke mentoring and content may be made available. We will assess your application and contact you if we believe this program is of relevance to you than Bootcamp and/or Cultivate.
We are currently taking Applications from Australian Businesses who wish to be considered for Round #2 of the Seedlab Australia Program.
Round #2 of Bootcamp will be held in February 2022.
Applications for Round #2 close at 12 noon on January 17th, 2022.
Keep up to date with Seedlab Australia
Enter your email address in the field below to sign up to our newsletter and keep up to date with all of the latest news from Seedlab Australia.